Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Scrape won't heal and it caused a slight fever

Football Injury - Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:38 pm

i was playing football the other day and fell, most of my scrapes healed except for one on my leg. The scrape looks like a hole, kind of, and i got a slight fever due to it. Whats going on and what can be done to treat it? (I know it is a bacterial infection and that it is gram positive but i'm not sure what it was beacterium caused it)
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:42 pm

User avatar Hello Football Injury,

It may be that the scrape is simply dirty. Dirt can inhibit proper healing. In this case, washing it well with soap and water 1-2 times per day will promote healing. If it truly is infected it will likely need some antibiotics to help clear the infection and allow it to heal properly. Indicators of infection include tenderness, redness that will likely be expanding out some, and some drainage from the site.

If you believe your skin is infected I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated and see if antibiotics are needed.

|