News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Dear Doc

dullybugg - Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:02 am

Dear Doc,
I'm a 22 year old male from Ga. And I got a question, I have some of the symptoms listed for Chlamydia, but I just discharge like every now and then like once every month or so but at first it was a lot more. Should I go and get tested because I was told that the antibiotic Cephalexin was no good for this STD that it takes something that begins with a D or something like. And if Cephalexin is good how many and how long does it take to cure.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:48 pm

User avatar Dear:dullybugg:
Yes you should get tested. Taking antibiotics without being sure of the diagnosis is foolish. For your information concerning Chlamydia here are some facts:
Chlamydia is common among young men, who are seldom offered screening. Untreated Chlamydia in men typically causes urethral infection, but may also result in complications such as swollen and tender testicles.

Men, like women, may have pain during urination, or they may notice a burning and itching around or discharge from the penis or pain and swelling in the testicles. Chlamydia is a very insidious disease because it rarely causes symptoms. People don't know they're infected so they don't get treated. Then they infect their partners who also don't get treated.

Doxycycline will cure both Chlamydia and ureaplasma infections. Two Doxycycline 100mgs capsules per day for ten days in most cases will cure Chlamydia.

Thank you for using The Doctor's Lounge

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here