Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Bumps/Lesions on upper thigh near penis

SacKing - Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Okay,for the last month n couple weeks or so I had some weird small bumps around my thigh area, I picked at them, they wouldnt pop(no puss) so I picked them off and they kinda left pits in the area and bled and scabbed over and healed. I just took some pics of what they look like after picking them,some of them havent been picked but most have. Now iam wondering if this could be HPV,HSV,or what it could be. Please get back to me ASAP. they don't burn or bother me they just look ugly.

Here is the pictures,they arent great cause there off a cell phone camerasome are pretty crappy:
Some of those i picked the day i took the pics(the ones that are red and nasty are the ones i picked off today) and the one where my thumb is pointing to hasnt been picked....and theres a bunch not just a few,its not as bad on my right thigh though(right thigh only has maybe 6-7 compared to the left having a bunch)
PICS(theres 5):
http://www.freewebs.com/sacking/

to see the 5 pics you gotta brose toward the right instead of down.

Okay,I provided as much info as I could,I know it might be kind of cluttered but I just splurted everything out.Please write back asap,thank you ahead of time.
 SacKing - Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:55 pm

upping please
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:48 pm

Hopefully by now this problem has been treated and/or resolved. Still, it deserves a reply. I'm venturing far out of my specialty and catching up on unanswered questions, and this one is interesting.

I don't think, first of all, that this represents HPV. It certainly does deserve examination by a doctor, but it could well wind up with a referral to a dermatologitst. It also could be due to scabies, although you don't mention any itching or irritation. However, and believe me, you're not the only one I've said this to, picking at any lesion is rarely a good idea and exposes you to the risk of infection over and above whatever is going on there. These lesions look pretty innocent and are probably the result of some skin irritation or perhaps exposure to something to which your body is sensitive. It could also be, as I said before, due to something like scabies. By all means have it looked at by a medical provider if you haven't as yet, even if it has cleared up.

Hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us here.

|