News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Water warts in adults?

karenann - Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:25 pm

My husband had a breakout of small pimple like bumps on his testicles, inner thighs, and lower stomach, but not on the penis itself. He went to the doctor who told him they were 'water warts' and removed them by freezing them. The doctor said water warts are usually found in children so I'm wondering, can adults contract water warts and if so how?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:34 pm

User avatar Hello,
I'm not familiar with the term "water warts" but since you said they are most common in children, I am guessing this may be molloscum contagiosum. This is an outbreak of painless bumps from the poxvirus family.

There are a number of ways to catch this, including towels used by an infected person, clothing, toys, and sexual contact.

These can be treated but sex should be avoided while they are present due to the contagious nature of them.

If this is not the same condition and you are able to provide more information, let me know.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here