Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Not a UTI but feels related - NERVOUS

derakicksyou - Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:54 pm

Okay here is the situation.
I thought i had a UTI.
I got this tingling sensation right behind the head of my penis and an uncomfortable, almost aching pain in my urethra. I went to the doctor a couple days later and got tested for the UTI and it was negative. The nurse scheduled me an appoint for a week and a half later (still 4 days away) to get tested for "Other Things". Since then. I still get the tingling sensation every once in a while throughout the day, also with a feeling that even though i've urinated, I still have to go. Also, since then, i've been getting some weird aches in my abdominal area and genitals (testicals, shaft) nothing is consistant. it comes and goes. The most constant thing is the feeling that I still have to urinate. To further confuse me, yesterday I felt fine for the most part of the day, whereas today I feel like i have a constant pressure/aching pain/sensitivity in my bladder (not sure how to describe it) and its been present all day.
Also, not sure if it is related, I had a pimple or something at the top of my pubic area, right where the waistline of my pants sits, and i popped it. This was a while ago. There is still a red dot there (maybe a 16th to an 8th of an inch) which i'm assuming is still there because its right under the waistband of my boxers and pants. It doesn't hurt and its not sensitive or anything. Its just there, like a reddish healing scar.
And other stuff thats probably not related at all, i have some dry itchy skin on my chest next to one of my nipples, and my wrist hurts like hell and when i bend it a bump rises on the top of my wrist.
Since a universe of information is available right here on the internet, i've been getting myself extremely paranoid and worked up.
A little over 3 years ago i made the mistake of getting extremely drunk and having unprotected sex with someone i didn't know, but due to my high level of intoxication, i couldn't stay erect and probably minimal fluids exchanged since there was no ejaculation, but i wouldn't really know.
And i've also been sexually inactive for the past 2 and a half years.
So I tested negative for UTI, and i'm paranoid and extremely nervous.
Any ideas what it could be?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:21 am

User avatar Hello derakicksyou -

My best guess, since you came up negative for a UTI, is that this is possibly an occult prostatitis. Many of your symptoms would be consistent with an infection there, and they can become walled off. Usually they make the patient feel pretty sick, but not necessarily. The feeling of urge to urninate without anything happening is also common with prostatitis. While it is an unpleasant condition, it's not usually serious if treated promptly with antibiotics. I don't think the pimple had anything to do with what you're having now, but for future reference, it is probably better to let a pimple alone, except to wash the area with warm, soapy water and rinse thoroughly, as they can become infected if popped manually. Still, I don't think that would have anything to do with your other symptoms. Hopefully by now you've been checked for "other things" and maybe are feeling better. Please do follow up with us here.

|