Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: itchy penis

oed123 - Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:07 pm

im an 18 year uncircumcized male, just last week i had sex for the first time with my girlfriend. maybe two days after that she gave me oral and thats when my problems started. my penis would start to really itch especially at the end of my foreskin. i pulled it back to take a look for myself and there were some reddish areas on the head of my penis as well as a white substance. so ive been washing down there pretty thoroughly for the past week and the itching has subsided especially after showering. But once in awhile ill feel an itch on the tip of my foreskin. other than the itching subsiding, there are still reddish areas on the head of my penis as well as the meatus. I don't know what else to do, and im kind of reluctant to go to the doctor but will go in any case. However any ideas as to whats plaguing my poor friend?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:01 pm

There are many potential causes of this sort of thing, from simple irritation to a superficial infection, hygeine issues (which could cause either irritation or infection) or irritation due to excessive frequency of sex. It's really difficult (and unwise) to try and guess at something like this at a distance, so I do hope you'll bring this to the attention of a doctor at once. Trust me, the doctor won't be judging your behavior or your "friend."

Good luck to you.
 khush - Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33 am

I am also having a similar problem. I suspect that my pensis got hurt by my wife's pubic hair (as they are very hard and pricky). Can you please suggest which speciality doctor should i visit as i have no idea regarding doctors in my town.

|