News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: is it anemia or viral infection?

chintana - Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:59 pm

age 19
there is no medical history before

everyday I feel tired really weak, fatigue and poor concentration, and Malaise. Also when it comes to daily activity, for example running; i have shortness in breath and back pain. I wasn't like this before, i used to be energetic and have an excellent concentration. but now from the tim i woke up to the time i go to sleep, i feel exhausted, pale and joints problem and muscle pain. Also when i left weights i just get tired easy and fast.

i went to a doctor, he did ECG (EKG), X RAY on the chest and the back. but he didn't find anything.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 pm

User avatar Hello chintana -

Your symptoms certainly could be due to a viral or, perhaps, bacterial infection. It is impossible to guess based on the general nature of the symptoms. The doctor's having ruled out apparent heart disease is great, and having nothing suspicious showing up on a chest x-ray is one more good thing, but if no laboratory blood tests were done then the issue hasn't really been adequately addressed. There are also some other systemic diseases that could be causing your symptoms. If it is an infection it will probably have run its course before long, but if this continues for weeks or months it is important to know the cause and start treating it. I'd either go back and restate the complaint or else find another doctor. I'm very surprised there was no blood drawn for the lab to test.

I hope this is helpful and that by now you are feeling better. Please do follow up with us here.
 chintana - Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:23 pm

well, i visited many doctors and non of them pointed out anything. however, lately i developed sense of fatigue along with a stiff and pain in the neck also a feeling of fainting out r losing control.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here