Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Deposts Thick In Tissues - Can't Catch Breath - Candida?

decbohan2222 - Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:39 am

I am very ill and posted here as a last hope.

I'm 35 been ill on and off with the same issues since 16. Had many diagnosis like Candida and Allergies etc but never sure if I had one. Was also diagnosed with Leaky Gut but nothing helped.

Well three weeks ago it all flared up again.

The first symptom I always get is in my neck, shoulders and jaw (sometimes face) a build up of very thick crystal like deposits that crush if I move my jaw or neck. However, they are back thicker than ever in a matter of seconds.

Then I got out of breath the next day but it's more like panting / blowing. I wake up and I'm panting, limbs jerking, body conorting. Facial muscles also contorting.

Sugar makes it really bad as can feel my stomach get hot and sick feeling. Have ton of rectal crawling since I was 16.

When ever the deposits are thick I have this thick thick gritty feeling in my mouth. Feel so clogged right now and with the deposits it's like I'm suffocating. I can't bear this - I remember being like this years ago and the hospitals just treated me like I was mad.

Spent 18 months just panting and trying alternative medicines. I took some Astragalus herb and think that helped.

I have an impacted wisdom tooth and a gland between it and my neck (just under the ear beside jaw bone) gives me pain and swells now and then. Dentist always says it's not infected so don't worry about it - so I haven't.

The face and head pressure with facial muscle contorting is very bad right now as is the panting and clogged feeling and thacky tongue.

Crushed the deposits two minutes ago by moving by neck and jaw - the were so thick - but now they are back thicker than ever.

I would appreciate any help anyone can be. I hope to God someone can help me.

Declan (Dublin, Ireland)
 decbohan2222 - Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Forgot to add also that I had a slight overactive thyroid or parathyroid once but not enough to need medication I was told.

Also, one doctor thought is might be cushings but never tested for it as he was moved abroad and the new doc didn't think I should be tested.

The past week I'm just in sofa panting out of breath and the deposits are thicker and thicker.

I know candida can stress out the body especialy cause of hypoglycemia but would it be this bad? and if so would the deposits then be calcium because I head constant stres states calcium can be leached out into the urine and tissues.

I was tested very low for DHEA also two years back.

Any other questions needed please don't hesitate to post and ask as I just want to get well. I'm so tried of fighting something when I'm not sure what exactly it is. It's hard enough as it is.

Thank you all ..

Declan
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Your symptoms seem to cross over several different sorts of possible disease processes, so the best I can do here is to make some suggestions which might help steer you toward a proper diagnosis. First come the thick, crystal-like deposits which crush under pressure then recur, followed by breathlessness the next day. Have you ever been tested, earlier in life, for cystic fibrosis? While it is improbable you could have this for 19 years, starting at age 16, there are some similarities and, early on, someone may have suspected it. I'm thinking perhaps some disorder of mucous production which may resemble CF in a number of ways. These are generally obscure diseases/disorders, and I am by no means qualified to discuss them, but based upon your primary symptoms. The "contorting" of certain muscle groups doesn't have a connection that is clear to me, but again, I'm far from conversant in these obscure, often autoimmune diseases.

What I can and will do is bring this to the staff here and see if any of it sounds consistent with anything outside the bounds of my training and experience. Please check back here in a day or two and see if we've been able to come up with any better theories. You've put up with this for 19 years, and you deserve some sort of direction at the very least.

I wish I could name something consistent with these symptoms other than what I've already suggested. Please do follow up with us here and hopefully one of the doctors on staff here may have some more useful insights. Best of luck to you. Hang in there.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:50 am

Could you provide us with more information about the crystal like deposits? How do you know they are crystal deposits? Are you able to see them or has this been detected by radiology? What was your doctor's opinion? Were they ever analyzed?

We would need more objective information I'm afraid before we can get into the possible causes.

Best regards and I hope you get better!
 Countrygirl30 - Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 am

Two years ago I was told that I have calcified granulomas in my right lower lobe...I went for a chest x-ray this week and was told that I have several in both lungs. What causes them? I had sinus surgery 2 yrs. ago and have had a staph infection off and on ever since. I stay on antibiotics and have lost 32 lbs. I can't get any answers from my doctors other than take some more antibiotics. I'm having shortness of breath and been diagnosis with asthma now. Any suggestions? Thanks

|