News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: nipple piercing

tia_angel - Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:06 pm

i have a nipple piercing. One side of the piercing has like a blister type infection, starting at the entry. i think it might be an absess, ive had antibiotics from the doctor that didnt work, i tried bathing it in sea salts and salvon this hasnt cleared it up either i went to see my piercer and he said its better and on its way out but it seems the same to me. sometimes it bursts and yellow puss and blood come out. im using witch hazel now but this isnt seem to be working either. what else can i do?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:48 pm

User avatar Hello -

It concerns me that this didn't respond to the first antibiotic. You probably should be seen again and a different one tried instead, since the longer this remains infected the greater the risk of scarring or permanent damage. You might have to consider having the piercing removed if the problem doesn't resolve, since sometimes certain metals are simply rejected by the body chemistry of certain people. Hopefully it will clear up with proper treatment. Meanwhile, flush the area with warm water and pat dry with a soft cloth as often as practical. Meanwhile plan to see the doctor again and see if a change of antibiotic might be in order.

Best of luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here