News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: white dots on upper lips? :o

medium - Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Dear doc,

I'm 30 age, male. Pls help me identify / guess what this on my upper lips? :o its somewhat turns off others i think when they see them i think.

Pls take seconds to see one attached photo.

It's not itchy, its not an allergy, not a pore.. warts maybe? its been around it think i noticed it for 5 months now.

Is this cause by a virus? hpv? is this a sign of cancer? :o

p.s. iv an upper back pain and left chest pain when i twist my body or stretch my body to the right every morning i wake up. possibly this is a lung problem related or heart disease related?

Pls kindly post coment. Thank you.

attached photo

http://medium123.multiply.com/photos/album/15#2

http://medium123.multiply.com/photos/album/15#1
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:36 pm

User avatar Hello,

The changes you have described seem to be of a benign cause.

Problems in secretory glands (sebaceous glands) at the junction between the lips and the skin sometimes give similar picture.

Vitamin deficiency is also known to cause these skin changes.

Post dermatitis especially in delicate skin parts can result in skin changes that may mimic yours.

Viral infections like Herpetic lesions (thrush) typically present in the form of blisters on a red base and are associated with itching. These blisters dry up rapidly and leave scabs that disappear in a few days to a few weeks, depending on the severity of the infection

Direct dermatological examination is essential to exclude also skin diseases like vitiligo (although unlikely) or dysplastic skin changes (leukoplakia).

So, I would advise you to follow up with your doctor and please keep us updated.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here