Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: I don't know whether I should go to the Dr. or not.

mushakae - Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:06 am

I have been sick for like ten days... I have had a low fever pretty much the whole time, and I was going to give in and go see a doctor but my fever has gone down some. I have also had a cough, and a headache this entire time, along with other flu like things (body aches, congested..) my mom thinks I have the flu, but from what I have read the flu doesnt last this long.

The reason I don't know whether or not to go is because it seems that I am better today and being a broke college student with no insurance, its hard to justify going to the doctor to find out that im fine.

Would appreciate any opinions...

thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:51 am

User avatar Hello mushakae.
I am happy to hear that you are feeling better. To answer your question, yes sometimes a flu can last this long, especially if there is an accompanied bacterial infection (such as bronchitis).

I am not really in a position to advise you whether or not to go to the doctor since I have not assessed your condition in person. However, if all is going well and nothing new arises then you may want to wait and see. If any new symptoms should arise you should seek direct medical attention at once.

|