News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: contracting and STD from clean partners

dal22 - Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:56 pm

My boyfriend and I had unprotected anal sex, and then continued with vaginal sex. We both have been the only partners with each other, and we both have tested clean for any STD's.
It occured about 5 days ago and I havent had any symptoms of anything, however I was wondering if it was still possible to contract some sort of disease or infection, and if I should go to the doctor. Thank you,
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:08 pm

User avatar Hello,
If you are both verified without disease the only real risk is the possible infection due to the anus being a "dirty" site. Then fecal matter can be moved and caused other infections but you would likely have symptoms so without any cause for concern on your part you shouldn't need to see a doctor simply because you had sex in this way.

Best wishes.
 mick gobson - Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:01 am

Do you know if my foreskin became puffed on one side just at the tip do you know the treatment for that or the name of the condition ?
thanks

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here