Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Is This an STD or really bad hemorroids?

dev1n - Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi for the past few weeks i've been having a really hard time going to the bathroom. Most of the time i would constipate. Then after i'm done going to the bathroom i would get up and my rectum would protrude outside of the anus a little bit .

Then after a while I started noticing little white things hanging out of the inside of my anus. Like so, http://www.simplebucket.com/p/mdqynza
what are those little bumps and hanging tissues? Is that some kind of disease or is it common?

And then I notice one little piece of skin hanging outside my anus area. As circled in the picture. http://www.simplebucket.com/p/mdqynzi

Am i just having really bad hemoroids or are those anal warts? I looked up all three conditions and they all have very similar symptoms, I don't know if I should be worried and go see a doctor? WARNING the pictures are really graphic so if you are grossed out by these things don't look at them.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:52 pm

User avatar What you describe (and your excellent quality photos confirm) is what used to known as "falling piles", which are, in fact, prolapsed hemorrhoids. These are relatively easy to treat, although as extensive as yours appear to be, this may require several separate sessions to complete. This condition can be due to a predisposition or, often, due to chronic constipation. Small veins in the anus become vericosities. If they are pendulous as in the pictures, they may drop outside and can cause a great deal of discomfort. The treatment is either surgical or semi-surgical (sometimes they are sclerosed by injection or by application of rubber bands. They then die, drop off, heal, and hopefully don't recur).

This isn't an STD but hemorrhoids at their most bizarre, but it is still a fairly common and well known problem.

I hope this eases your mind and is of some help.

|