Forum Name: AIDS

Question: Does AIDS make you unable to speak?

WFD28 - Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:44 am

My step brother is in a hospital in California where he has been for 7 years. We recently found him and the doctors there say that he cannot speak due to the AIDS. I'm just trying to find out if this is true, or if there could be something else wrong.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:40 pm

User avatar Hello
I am not familiar with this as a symptom of AIDS but of course your brother's case may have complications that we are not aware of and there may be an indirect of even psychological origin for this problem. I would discuss it with his doctor if you have his approval to do so.