Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Rectal Bumps

bill_12 - Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:03 am

My ladyfriend has been experiencing small bumps around her anus and they are pink in color. We practiced anal sex several times a month or so ago and it was rather rough in nature. She is experiencing blood in the stool and some itching. I assume that it would be anal fissures but i am confused about the bumps. She says that after anal sex there was some discomfort and that soon after she began wiping very roughly and I believe that was the reason for the bumps (but why would they appear so many weeks later?). But she now says that she stopped wiping roughly and there are now two more bumps above the anus around the "crack".

She seems to be convinced that it's herpes. She is trying to make an appointment with her physician but the electricity outages in the Texas area are proving difficult so I figured I would ask here.

Thank you in advance
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:25 pm

User avatar Hi bill_12,
Signs and symptoms of hemorrhoids may appear as raised bumps around the anus which may causing burning, itching, pain, bleeding, etc. Keep in mind that I am not implying that this is the causative factor for your partners symptoms however I would be more inclined to consider this as being a factor rather than herpes. I would still encourage an evaluation and I hope this information was somewhat helpful. Hopefully outage conditions, etc., will improve soon in your area. Best wishes.

|