Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Recieved oral sex from a girl who had tonsillitis

johnniem474 - Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:44 pm

I have already got the tonsillitis in my throat from the girl but im just wondering if anything is going to happen to my penis because of her having tonsillitis and giving me oral sex, im really really worried!
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Oral sex although is thought to be safer than vaginal or anal sex in many aspects, transmission of diseases is still possible.

There is a possibility that you may catch infection into the urethra causing urethritis. Since you have caught infection in your throat from your girl friend, the possibility is there.

But if you cleaned yourself immediately after, the risk is much less. So, once you feel any symptoms suggestive of urethritis like burning micturition and frequency, you should contact your doctor and get a urine analysis and culture.

Hope you find this information useful.

|