Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: PAINFUL LUMP IN VAGINA!

maya123 - Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:30 pm

hi

yesterday i noticed a painful lump on the inside of my vagina. it can't be an std because i'm a virgin. the lump is about 4 to 5mm across and is the same colour as the skin around it although it is a little red. it is hard and it hurts every time it is disturbed (this even includes walking!)

please tell me what you think it is and if it's something i should be worried about. i thought it might be something to do with friction, do you think i should put on some kind of lubricant?

maya
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am

You could have an infected gland or cyst. You should see a doctor for treatment. Water-based lubricants won't hurt if that helps reduce the friction.

maya123 - Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:34 pm

Debbie Miller, RN wrote:Hello,

Thanks, it seems to be going away. I hope it goes away for good!
So you don't think it's anything too serious?

|