News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: STD CHECK UP INFO

soscared - Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:02 am

So I'm going to have a check up for what im thinking may be genital warts. My first question is, IF this is what I think it is, What kinds of questions will they ask me? Do I need to give them the names of my past partners? To be honest, I only got the the first name of this guy I was with. Its actually going on a year since ive been with anyone sexually and how long could I have had this? I mean, could I have had it all along and not known about it? In males, how long can they go before noticing...or does it lay dormant and if so how long does it remain that way, being dormant, can they still pass it on ? I would like to know so i can be prepared. Also another question is, how does one live with this problem...because right now I AM FREAKING OUT!! Makes me feel so dirty! Please send a comment to me please!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:33 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is up to your state to decide what is reportable and investigated. If you do not know the name of the person, there's not much you can do. The purpose of identification of partners is to get appropriate and early treatment to anyone who might have been exposed.

Genital warts are removed, similar to other warts. They are treated with medicine to kill them or are removed through minor surgery, freezing, or laser.

Don't be afraid to see your doctor about this treatable, sexually transmitted infection.

Best wishes.
 sphinsx - Fri May 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Debbie Miller, RN wrote:Hello,
It is up to your state to decide what is reportable and investigated. If you do not know the name of the person, there's not much you can do. The purpose of identification of partners is to get appropriate and early treatment to anyone who might have been exposed.

Genital warts are removed, similar to other warts. They are treated with medicine to kill them or are removed through minor surgery, freezing, or laser.

Don't be afraid to see your doctor about this treatable, sexually transmitted infection.

Best wishes.

Hello Ms Debbie Miller...
I read ur comment and really feel me better.. i think i got something like a wart, it's very small but I'm fealling so freaking-out.. I'm so worry.. and the problem is i donn't know what kind of dorctor to i have to go wz.. or if i can buy and medicament to dissapair this small wart.

thanxk you so much for ur time.
bst wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here