Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Urethra opening red

locosaki - Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:00 pm

I have a problem with the opening to my penis,the Urethra is very red around opening and can be painful at times,I also noticed recently that when I have finished urinating and put penis away I'm almost certainly going to get a little more urine coming out !!!!

I did infact go for a std check a few weeks ago and all my tests came back clear !!

Anyone got any suggestions

Reagrds William
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:37 am

Sorry for the delay in replying.
This is probably due to urethritis. The condition occusr due to many causes that may be or may not be related to your sexual activity. Most of cases however are due to infections with bacteria (Ecoli) that ascend through the urethral meatus (through intercourse or local contamination).

These symptoms could be also due to a sort of dermatitis in which urethritis caused by trauma or chemical irritants. There is itching in the majority of cases.Avoiding the causing substance is the mainstay of prevention in addition to medications prescribed by your doctor.

Urine analysis, urine culture and exclsuion of STDs are essential for the diagnosis.
So, I advise you to follow up with your doctor, he will prescribe the appropriate treatment based on clinical examination and investigations results.

Please keep us updated.
 locosaki - Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:02 am

Hi,Thanks for taking time to reply.

I have been to see my doctor and he told me to try clotrimazole cream and if that did not work we would have to try something else !!

Didn't sound to promising to me but I will follow instructions and give it a try !!

Many thanks William

|