Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: cervicitis vaginitis with cervical erosion

nichole4christ - Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Recently diagnosed with cervical erosion: will that cause problems having children? Is there any medication I can take to heal this?

At the same time, diagnosed with the infection cervicitis vaginitis. Doc prescribed something I insert vaginally three nights in a row: I am having symptoms as follows:

headache, dizzy, hot and cold flashes, fever, extreme lower back pain, extreme tiredness, sore throat, excessive discharge-slightly tinted yellow, weak body, extremely emotional: are these all symptoms of the infection? How does the infection tie in with the erosion?

I have the feeling that the emotional part and headache are signs of the depo shot he also gave me at the same time! My first time taking birth control in several years. I want to reverse it because I can't go on feeling this emotional, I can't even function properly. How can I reverse it??

THANK YOU SO MUCH
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:39 am

Part of your symptoms is related to the cervicitis like lower back pain, the discharge, and the fever while headache, dizzy, hot and cold flashes, emotional changes are likely to be related to the contraception.

Cervical erosion is a clinical term refers to chronic cervicitis that is one of the most common types.
Cervicitis is caused by infection with different organisms or due to Injury or irritation (a reaction to the chemicals in douches). The most important part in diagnosis is to exclude STDs (e.g.gonorrhea and chlamydia) and to treat that properly considering also the other partner in treatment approach.

Cultures from cervical and/or vaginal smears or discharge and Pap smear are commonly recommended tests for diagnosis. Based on the cause treatment is prescribed. Cervicitis usually shows excellent healing once infection is controlled.

Prolonged cervicitis results in abnormal mucus production which interferes with the ability of the sperms to ascend into the genital tract. Prompt eradication of the infection is essential to avoid its spread to the uterus or the fallopian tubes leading to the ovaries which may also result in difficulties to have a normal pregnancy.

So, I advise you to follow up with your doctor, and to update him with your symptoms for proper evaluation to make sure the needed tests are done.

Please keep us updated.

|