News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Dripping - Slight Pain

jrod6388 - Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:56 am

Okay, so, for two years, since I began having unprotected sex, I have been day to day, constantly checking my penis, making sure I don't have anything abnormal appearing....In the past 5-8 months, however, after peeing, I have "felt" that my penis is "dripping", or that a bit of pee is coming out...so I have made sure at the end of peeing, to make sure all is gone, and yet, it still feels somewhat drippy....No pain, none at all, ever, and sometimes, it doesn't even feel that it is.

No discharge, ever, and my penis does not itch whatsoever either. My brother, mom and grandparents and aunts are all nurses. I have inquired, and they all seem to think I am just thinking about it too much.

I dated a girl for 3 years, that's where unprotected sex began, and have had only 2-3 random hookups without a condom, but I have known them (sure, a horrible excuse, but still), and also, another girlfriend for a year or more, and none of them have ever gotten back to me about anything. my most recent girlfriend, got checked for STDs, even months after having sex unprotected, and said she was completely clean. She still has never said anything, and I know she would if she found out she had something. Haven't had time to drive to get tested, but recently got tested by the Navy, and I believe I'm clean, will find out after xmas break.

i masterbate a good amount. at least once a night, and wonder if that could be due to anything.

the slight pain, is not even pain, but more of just a feeling of a presence in my penis, more the tip than anything else.

Any ideas? Thank you.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:53 pm

User avatar Hi there -

There are many possible causes of this problem, some of them involving STDs, mainly gonorrhea (although the lack of pain makes this questionable). Nonspecific urethritis (NSU) can be caused by any number of relatively innocent agents. However, a "leaky faucet" should not be ignored and it's not "all in your head." It may be (and probably is) very simple, but still should be checked. Since you've been tested by the Navy, one of the pre-eminent sources of STD testing experience, you should know soon if you have anything at all that is infectious. However, if the problem is caused by something else (like a pinched nerve for instance) this could be missed. The good news is it won't cause any systemic trouble. The bad news would be the problem could continue and might be difficult to trace. It may not matter. I suspect your main concern is that it could be an STD, even though you've been largely careful. If you have an infection it will be discovered and treated. Let this be a wakeup call regarding the inherent dangers of unprotected, relatively anonymous sexual encounters. No judgements here, just a concern for the public health and welfare and, in this instance, yours.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know what you find out. Best of luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here