Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Diabetes? Not sure where in forums to put it,

redwolf1974 - Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:43 pm

don't know where in the forums this should be
I have been losing weight for about a year or so. I've read a few diabetes websites with symptoms shown. I generally have 9 out of 10 symptoms that are on them. Drink alot of water, urinate a lot, fatigued( i never feel like doing anything), the sudden weight loss(i've gone from about 185 to about 135, blurred vision I don't know sometimes the sunlight bothers me, itchy skin sometimes, sometimes i feel dizzy. I know both my grandmothers had diabetes. As does my uncle. My g/f of 5 years just recently left me because I cannot control my temper, i was never like that. I never hit her or anything I just couldnt stop sayin things that hurt her, I don't have insurance and probably could not afford the doctor bill to find out and I'm moving in less than a week. I was wondering if there was any other ways to tell if it is diabetes. The depression of my g/f leaving is starting the weight loss again. So now I'm getting worried.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:00 pm

User avatar Hi redwolf1974,
I won't list the symptoms since you appear to be well read on the subject. If you have 9 out of 10 symptoms I would strongly suggest that you be tested. Diabetes can only be identified through testing. Diabetes is a serious illness and left untreated can cause a multitude of problems. Do you have any Health Access Clinics in your area that assist with people that need medical evaluation/treatment that are under-insured or un-insured? It would be worth looking into. I again stongly suggest you be evaluated.

|