News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Tetanus vaccine reaction??? neck swelling

stickbandits - Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:56 am

I cut through a finger nail 3 days ago and went to the ER. They removed the rest of the fingernail, stitched me up, and gave me a tetanus shot. The site of injection is red, swollen, and sore to the touch. The injection site was the shoulder of my left arm. My left armpit is sore and a small spot of swelling has developed on my neck on the left side that is painful to the touch. What could be going on? Should I go back to the doctor? Thank you for your help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:50 am

User avatar Hello,
It sounds like you might have lymph node swelling which could be in response to your injury or perhaps the vaccine. Because you don't know which, you probably should have it checked to be sure. Did they recommend a follow up appointment after your trauma? I would recommend it.

Good luck

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here