Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: can Std be passed through kissing?

jazzyjard - Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:43 am

Can std for example like gonnorhea be passed through kissing or saliva?
A few days ago I had sexual contact with a guy who I hardly new. I'm afraid i have contracted some sort of STD. Our genitals were in contact, but we didn't fully have sex, his penis only went in half way but we stopped as it start to hurt. he also went down on me. Is it possible if he's infected transfered an STD by contact of our genitals and then after that went down on me, would it then be picked up in saliva after going down and then passed to my mouth and throat via kissing afterwards???
is there any std that are carried in the mouth/saliva on its own and passed through kissing?

cause about 2 days after I get a bit of a sore throat and then white bits on my tonsils and at that same time had a little bit of a temperature. I'm really scared about this. I don't know whether its just some normal bacterial infection in my thoat/ tonsillitus. is it just a coincidence?? also I want to know because I'm afraid if i have contracted something, i'm afraid i might have passed it onto this other guy that i've kissed.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:16 am

There are infections that can be passed from the genitals to the mouth such as herpes, but to it would be very unlikely you could have gotten a STD and passed it along through kissing alone. I suspect your symptoms are coincidental but there are lots of infections that could be spread sexually so if your partner was infected, you could be at risk and having a screening is not a bad idea. There is a period of incubation which varies with each type of organism and the individual so you sometimes need to repeat this screening after a few months in case something is incubating.

A sore throat itself, even with spots on the tonsils, does not suggest STD. If it continues you should have it checked and may need a culture for accurate treatment.

|