News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Red Itchy Red Rash in pubic hair? A few new partners lately

sb023 - Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 pm

So, I have had sex with maybe 8 women in the last couple of months, a couple of which were prostitutes.
I have ALWAYS used a condom in all cases.
I actually had sex yesterday (one night stand) and my pubic hair was itchy last night while sleeping. I noticed maybe 15 small reddish dots on just the left side of my pubic hair above my penis this morning. I took a shower and they seemed to be a little redder afterwards.
2 of the bumps are just barely raised and the other spots are just kind of more spots or rash like, not really bumps.
I have made sure not to itch them at all today.
So, is this definately an STD or possibly something else?
The girl I was with yesterday did alot of grinding with our pubic hair touching. She had very short kind of rough hair. Is it possibly this stubble could have just irritated me ( I HOPE )
Anyways, I took a picture but I don't know how to post them here. If you tell me how I will post it.
I know I shouldn't be seeing prostitutes so this has scared me greatly.
Thanks for any help !!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:27 pm

User avatar Hello -

While it seems unlikely this is an STD, it probably is related to one or more of your multiple encounters. What it sounds as though it may be is crab lice bites. Those guys are awfully small and difficult to spot, as they stay hidden in the hairy areas, but the bites often resemble what you've described.

Another possibility is that you've acquired a dermatitis either from direct irritation or due to someone in that series of partners having had some hygeine issues.

In any case you'll need to have this looked at by a doctor in order to have it treated. Trust me, especially if it's crab lice, you'll be wanting to be rid of them very soon. And even if it's a dermatitis (infectious or not) it's going to be really annoying if it isn't already.

Again, it seems pretty unlikely it's an actual STD, but there are things you can contract during less-than-fresh sexual encounters that can be just as troublesome and may as well be classified as STDs. Good luck with this. I hope this is helpful.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here