Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Red Itchy Red Rash in pubic hair? A few new partners lately

sb023 - Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 pm

So, I have had sex with maybe 8 women in the last couple of months, a couple of which were prostitutes.
I have ALWAYS used a condom in all cases.
I actually had sex yesterday (one night stand) and my pubic hair was itchy last night while sleeping. I noticed maybe 15 small reddish dots on just the left side of my pubic hair above my penis this morning. I took a shower and they seemed to be a little redder afterwards.
2 of the bumps are just barely raised and the other spots are just kind of more spots or rash like, not really bumps.
I have made sure not to itch them at all today.
So, is this definately an STD or possibly something else?
The girl I was with yesterday did alot of grinding with our pubic hair touching. She had very short kind of rough hair. Is it possibly this stubble could have just irritated me ( I HOPE )
Anyways, I took a picture but I don't know how to post them here. If you tell me how I will post it.
I know I shouldn't be seeing prostitutes so this has scared me greatly.
Thanks for any help !!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:27 pm

While it seems unlikely this is an STD, it probably is related to one or more of your multiple encounters. What it sounds as though it may be is crab lice bites. Those guys are awfully small and difficult to spot, as they stay hidden in the hairy areas, but the bites often resemble what you've described.

Another possibility is that you've acquired a dermatitis either from direct irritation or due to someone in that series of partners having had some hygeine issues.

In any case you'll need to have this looked at by a doctor in order to have it treated. Trust me, especially if it's crab lice, you'll be wanting to be rid of them very soon. And even if it's a dermatitis (infectious or not) it's going to be really annoying if it isn't already.

Again, it seems pretty unlikely it's an actual STD, but there are things you can contract during less-than-fresh sexual encounters that can be just as troublesome and may as well be classified as STDs. Good luck with this. I hope this is helpful.

|