News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: FOOT FUNGUS, SWOLLEN HANDS, FEVER

dmcnmami - Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:57 am

I'M WRITING THIS FOR MY BOYFRIENDS BROTHER. I ALREADY ADVISED THEM TO GO TO THE E.R. BUT THEY WANT ME TO LOOK UP AND ANSWER ONLINE...

He has had foot fungus for several months now, he also has sometimes been waking up with swollen hands and it lasts for a long time before the swelling goes down. It is not painful, more like his hands feel numb (like when you sleep on your hand or arm)... Now today he woke up with fever and he said he feels weak as well and cant even barely open a bottle of water... Now if i do convince him to go the the e.r. you know the wait is long so i need to write on the sign-in paper what exactly he has so he can be treated by the right person and rapidly. Do you have any idea what he might have????? Oh and he does work in a recycling plant and he believes that is the cause, because a lot of times he doesn't wear gloves.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:03 pm

User avatar Hello,
It would be wise to seek medical help with symptoms of fever, swollen hands, and foot fungus (infecion).

The possibilities of diagnoses are too numerous to list them all. In general it would include hand arthritis, viral or bacterial infection (upper respiratory, lower respiratory, skin, blood, etc), liver or kidney problems and of course athletes foot.

Let us know how it turns out for your boyfriend's brother.

Take care.
 dmcnmami - Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:17 pm

He ended up going to Trinitas Hospital in Elizabeth,NJ.
I don't know exactly what his diagnosis was but my boyfriend said the fungus caused those symptoms and they perscribed a medicine that he is supposed to take for 3 months i think. Thanks for replying though. Have a good one! =)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here