Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: Quick cure for influenza

nkopterrific - Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

I have been ill with flu for 13 days now. I have visited my doctor daily for the past 4 days and he keeps on changing pills.

I know that there is an injection that can cure flu. I asked for it and the doctor keeps refusing saying that it has a lot of side effects. I an totally fed up of my disease and would like to know whether there is any such injectable medicine or any other type of medicine that can cure the flu quickly. I have already lost 13 days of work.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:03 pm

At 13 days, chances are the flu is on its way out without any intervention at this point. You should be able to just rely on your immune system to continue to heal. In future years, I would recommend an influenza vaccine before flu season. Often one year of actually getting influenza makes a believer out of people on this prevention. People often discount the vaccine because they think flu is no big deal. As you have learned, the two weeks can feel like forever, cost you a lot in lost work, etc.

Good luck on your complete recovery.

|