News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: Quick cure for influenza

nkopterrific - Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

I have been ill with flu for 13 days now. I have visited my doctor daily for the past 4 days and he keeps on changing pills.

I know that there is an injection that can cure flu. I asked for it and the doctor keeps refusing saying that it has a lot of side effects. I an totally fed up of my disease and would like to know whether there is any such injectable medicine or any other type of medicine that can cure the flu quickly. I have already lost 13 days of work.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:03 pm

User avatar Hello,
At 13 days, chances are the flu is on its way out without any intervention at this point. You should be able to just rely on your immune system to continue to heal. In future years, I would recommend an influenza vaccine before flu season. Often one year of actually getting influenza makes a believer out of people on this prevention. People often discount the vaccine because they think flu is no big deal. As you have learned, the two weeks can feel like forever, cost you a lot in lost work, etc.

Good luck on your complete recovery.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here