Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: my boyfreind cheated on me and gave me chlymadia

kiimmy_1989 - Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:16 am

ok ive look this up online and different websites say different things

he told me he did not have sex with her
that she only gave him oral sex
he did not return the favor or anything

is it possible that he got it like that?

is my first question my second question is i took my anitbiotics we both did and i checked myself and it went away

but i coudlnt handle the fact of wat he did and actually found a really nice guy lets call this guy guy2 whos always liked me we got together did it like three months later.

things didnt work out
tried things with ym ex again it didnt work we did have intercourse again
but found myself uncomfortable doing anythign with him.
and guy2 came bak in the picture and we had intercourse now im really confused and lost as to who gave me wat because i came out positive for chylmadia aagain ive only slept with these two guys is there any way to find out how long ive had it?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:39 pm

While it is possible guy2 could have contracted chlamydia from having oral sex with another person (it can be transmitted orally, but will not travel through the body, only stays where it lands) this would be a complicated story if one was to use a flow chart to diagram the path. The other girl would have to have caught it orally from someone who had it orally or via oral sex with someone who had it. Assuming she is straight, she'd have to have had oral sex with a guy who'd had picked up genital chlamydia. It's possible, just complicated enough to make me wonder. Guys, as you no doubt are aware, aren't always honest. If you don't trust the guy's story, there's probably a good reason.

It's also difficult to know for sure which of the two guys infected you, and it's not really possible to know with certainty how long you've had this, as it often goes on without symptoms for quite a while.

I think, since you've been treated successfully for it once, and no doubt will be again, your real concern is who's being dishonest with you. How do you determine if someone's telling the truth and who's not? It isn't always easy.

First, please make certain you get the new infection treated and resolved. Second, please, in the future, consider taking measures to prevent this from happening, since a lot of people either don't know they have it or aren't honest about having been exposed -- and not just to chlamydia, but plenty worse things than that. And probably the worst thing of all, is just not being honest, when you get right down to it. You need to find someone you can talk with about this and exchange stories with maybe, and try to get some insight into the guys you're involved with. And at all times, take the necessary precautions to protect yourself. At your age (I'm assuming you were born in 1989?) a lot of guys are going to be either clueless or just plain dishonest. Not all, but a lot of them. Get to know people well before you decide to even risk being intimate (there's more at stake than just your physical health) and even then, until and unless you feel certain you really know the guy and
you two are exclusise, by all means use protection. This isn't something you want to have (chlamydia) and there are, as I said before, plenty worse things you could catch from someone who doesn't know or, worse, just doesn't care.

I hope this helps clear up some of this for you. Good luck to you and please follow up with us here as needed. Take care!

|