Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: help please

gazza9000uk9000 - Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:59 pm

i had unprotected sex with a guy and i was sleepin in pretty rough conditions as his house was a mess and the kids had colds... anywayz my glands came up and had sour throat and all... i had a check around the 3 month window peiord... my glands were still up... and i was negative... i work in mcdonalds and im alwayz outside in the cold for like 6 hours taking orders... i then had uprotected sex and my partner had syphliis which i didnt know about i started to get ulcers white spots on tongue but i came bk negative for that... my glands got smaleer and were vertially gone 4 months after but i slept with someone with a cold and my glands came up lil then went out for 6 hours and now my throat hurts sour tongue sour arms and legs glands up by groin and neck.. when i mean slept with someone with a cold i meant in same bed nothin to it....i was wonderin if its a cold wat wont go cause im alwayz outside or if its hiv... wat do u think it is???
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:35 am

User avatar Hi gazza9000uk9000,
In my opinion a re-evaluation needs done. Also keep in mind that there is a six month "window" period where one may test negative for HIV and still be infected with the virus. In the future keep in mind, if you are going to be sexually active, use protection.
 gazza9000uk9000 - Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:20 pm

hiya... now all of that has gone i don't have my glands up or anythin but still get lil cough... my throat mildly hurts... and my head hurts when i cough... all this has made me paronoid this hiv thing and was wonderin if i you think i have it... i just like to know wat u think. thank u very much
GAZ
xxxx
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:15 am

User avatar Hi gazza9000uk9000,
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. It would be next to impossible for me to say yes or no regarding whether you have HIV. The only definative way of knowing is by being re-tested.

|