Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Blisters near vulva. Genital Herpes?

jess_allsopp - Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi, I'm 21 years old. I have gotten a group of blisters in my pubic area, right on my bikini line, but in the upper part of the pubis (not downwards to the vaginal lips). These blisters seem like herpes, since they are about seven and itch and burn constantly. The size of the group of blisters is of about one inch by half an inch. What I want to know is whether or not this is considered genital herpes? because i haven't gotten any more blisters on other parts of my vulva (such as my lips or vagina), and I do not have symptoms, such as fever or painful urination.

Thank you so much
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:35 am

User avatar Hi jess_allsopp,
Symptoms of genital herpes may range from small blisters or lesions which may cause itching, burning and pain which crust over and heal in approximately two to four weeks. Lesions aren't necessarily confined to the genital area and can be spread to other areas of the body. Some people may experience little or no symptoms. Genital herpes is diagnosed is by a physical examination, culture of the affected area and lab studies. I would suggest that you have an evaluation by your physician to identify if this is the causative factor for your symptoms. I hope this is somewhat helpful.

|