Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: What would cause bleeding from the penis

really scared - Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 am

My boyfriend thought he may have chlamydia because he was having discharge from the penis, but then yesterday he told me that when he went to the bathroom there was blood in his boxers. He said if he squeezed the head of his penis blood would come out. Is this a STD or something else?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri May 15, 2009 9:10 pm

User avatar Hi there --

The only way to know if your boyfriend has an STD or not is for him to be tested. The fact that he had complained of a discharge makes it somewhat suspicious, so this would only make sense. The bleeding is another thing though, and usually is due to breakage of small capillaries in the ureter near the tip. This could be due to an infection or just simple mild trauma or mischance. Again, the only way to be sure what's going on is a medical exam and tests for common STDs. I would encourage him to do this, and to do it soon, since these things often can become latent without having resolved.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you both.

|