Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Took the AZ antibiotic then 61 hours later had intrercourse

elpato85 - Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Hey everyone, Old flame calls me and tells me she tested postive for Clamydia. I go and get tested, the doctor takes moisture out of my penis and puts it on a slide. She comes back and says she didnt see anything. She would send sample to the lab. She gave me 4 pill of an antibiotic that starts with AZ. 61 hours later i had unprotected sexual intercourse. What are the chances if i do have the disease that my partner would have it? It is still contagious even after 61 hours after the antibiotic? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you very much.
 elpato85 - Fri May 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Also you guys i totally forgot about this. before getting tested or hearing about anything i got very sick. coughing runny nose etc... My dad who is retired anestesiologist (excuse spelling) put me on amoxicillin for 7 days 500mg dose... I searched online that this antibiotic combats chlamydia very well.... so ex calls and tells me news week and a half two weeks later....so i assume i was probably cured by the time i took the test correct?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 05, 2009 5:52 pm

This is the advice of the CDC: "Persons with chlamydia should abstain from sexual intercourse until they and their sex partners have completed treatment, otherwise re-infection is possible." This means that until the antibiotics are completed, there is still risk of infection that you pass back and forth between you. Repeated infections in the woman also increases her risk of damage to the reproductive organs. You should consult your doctor who may choose to treat you again.

|