Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Chlamydia - I have Zithromax but don't know how to take it..

Sam317 - Sat May 30, 2009 1:23 pm

So I came in contact with Chlamydia, I have symptoms, but did not get tested because my partner got tested and she has it so I know I have it. I have 6 pills of Zithromax at home at 250mg each that were prescribed before for bronchitis. I understand that Zithromax is also used to treat Chlamydia. I also understand that it takes 1000mg to cure chlamydia (correct me if i'm wrong). My question is, do I take 4 pills (1000mg) all at once or should I take 1 a day, 2 a day.. what do i do?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 pm

User avatar Hi Sam317,

Unfortunately, when it comes to giving medication dosing instructions, this is something that really is not safe to do over the internet. The reason is that there are countless other issues that must be considered when prescribing medications beyond just what bacteria we are treating.

I would strongly recommend you see your doctor and be tested to ensure you need the azithromycin. Transmission of chlamydia is not 100% (although the risk of transmission is high).

|