News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Everlasting yeast infection, with treatment

Collegegirl89 - Sun May 31, 2009 3:34 am

Hi, Im 19 and i got my first yeast infection nov. 2008. it was so unbearably, and the itchiness was so very strong. I was given oral pill to treat it, then it went away in a couple of weeks. Then in jan/feb 2009 I started getting it again but it was mild. The itchiness was milder and more bearable. But since then my vagina always looked weird, not healthy like it used to before the yeast infection.

anyways i left it hoping it would go away because it was mild but it did not, so in april i went to see the doctors and she gave me the pill again along with anti-biotics because she thought it might be an infection too.

however, I am still mildly itchy at times, and my vulva area always smells...and white buildup is always there in the fold of my labia. I am also hygenic, and clean so that should not be the problem...

and i do not was a doctor to inspect it by putting something in my vagina, because it will hurt, as i am sexually inactive.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:11 am

User avatar Hi,Best to rule out bacterial vaginosis which causes a peculiar smell.The doctor will just put you on oral tab like metronidazole,do not worry but get an appointment.
 tommykat114 - Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi, I'm 21 years old and I have a somewhat similar situation as Collegegirl89. I have a white milky like discharge and I have been treated for a yeast infection before. The discharge occurs regualy and and when I have intercourse with my partner. I was told that vaginal discharge was normally clear and string but then changes was you get your period. The discharge I have seem to always be white. This there any type of medicine that could help clear the white discharge?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:17 am

User avatar Hello,Though monilial vaginitis is not classified as an STD,partner treatment is essential to prevent recurrence.Once this is done I feel you would have done away with the problem.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here