Forum Name: Other infections

Question: should i go to the hospital????????????

rradican - Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:47 am

is this common with the flu? it has never happened to me before,

I have had the flu since Friday of this week. my fever broke a few times with ibuprofin and aspirin taken separately. My question is It hit me again even harder today, after eating valentines day dinner with my wife and a 25 mile drive home it seemed to hit me all at once. i became very cold had shortness of breathe but not severe. I could not get warm and sat in a blanket for about 20 minutes in which time I was shaking severly, my temp rose over 4 degrees. it topped out at 101.8 before it broke. The scary thing is my fingers were going numb when I was trying to get warm. My temp is back down to 99.5 right now and it is usually at about 97.2 to 97.4 degrees. Is this the onset of something else?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:02 am

User avatar rradican,
I am not in a position to tell you how serious this is. All your symptoms can be caused by the flu and the anxiety that accompanied the high fever. At the same time they can be indicative of more serious conditions. However, if the shortness of breath is still there or recurrs or indeed if you have any doubts that this may be more serious than the flu then yes have someone look at it. The flu is usually self limited and only lasts a couple of days.
 rradican - Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:05 am

i appreciate your quick response, if it hits again in the morning im going.
thanks again

|