Forum Name: Other infections

Question: A swollen eye, Non-itchy rash, joint and muscle pain

nicanna - Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:33 am

Hello, I am 23 years old. Last Sunday I went out to eat at an Italian restaurant and had the Caesar salad. Within two hours my eye was swollen. A little while after I saw red bumpies on my wrist. My armpits and groin area felt hot as well and when I removed my clothes it was red, but it felt better when I removed the clothing. My eye also went down within 4 hours. Then on Monday I was moving some boxes at work when my wrist, back of hand and inner elbow got really red and rashy. It did not hurt or itch, it seemed to be getting better a few hours later. Later that night however, I decided to run on the treadmill (I do this 5-6 days a week) for one hour. I felt fine while walking/running, then I got off and noticed that I had that slightly raised rash back on my wrist back of hands and inner elbows but it was bigger this time and it extended all the way up behind my fingers, as well as on my lower inner arm. My neck was slightly red and hot, and my inner thights, my knee and around the groin was rashy, red and hot too. I went to bed and it was gone by the morning. I also live in Arizona and when it started it was about 110 degrees outside. The strange thing is that it keeps reoccurring. I haven’t exercised since that Monday night because I am too scared to witness the angry red rash, but whenever I exert myself even a little I will get at least one red bump on my wrist mostly, but I got one on my lower outer leg one day too. In addition, my joints feel really weak and seem to be easily strained. I went walking my dogs and my toes were protesting, but not intensely. The pain I feel in my joints (wrist, ankles, toes, fingers mostly) can be described as intense shooting pain without the full intensity. Like on a scale of 1 to 10 it is like 3. Even typing write now, my fingers and wrist feel strained and achy. Then to top it all off, I feel very lethargic. I would truly appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this. Thanks :-)
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:43 pm

User avatar Urticarial reactions to foods,drugs,and bites are well known and can sometimes last for weeks.With out itch they can occur as angio odema just swellings,and sometime involve the joints too.Antihistamine like benadryl would control the itch,and sedate too.

|