Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Having trouble classifying STD/STI

CuriousGuy - Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 am

Hey everyone! Within the past week I've had unusual behavior in my genital region. It first began with an inflamed area right at the tip of my penis, which caused pain and discomfort when ever I walked and my shorts would rub against it. As the week progressed I began to feel pain right as I began a urine stream, but the burning/stinging feel went away after the initial second. Occasionally I feel a pain in urethra from the base of my penis to around the prostate. It will last for my 5 seconds on an off for a total of a minute. But this isnt continuous through out the day. Now, recently (the past couple days) I have have a white thick substance exiting my urethra. It has a very similar appearance to semen, however it has not much of an odor. Im guessing its pus building up and making its way out of the body, since it is a very milky white substance. My lymph nodes seem to be at normal size, but then again I don't check it regularly. There really is no burning or itching down there. The only part that has pain is on the tip of my penis and that occasional pain I mentioned. I havent really noticed any lesions or ulcer like openings, but there is one small bump that looks like a very small looks like dried up popped zit. Its too hard to tell though since it is so small.

Its unfortunate that the more serious seeming problems started occurring after business hours last friday. Since all my STD testing clinics and my family doctor are all closed for the rest of the week end, including today, I will have to wait until tomorrow to try and get checked.

After doing a whole bunch of symptom tests online, Gonorrhea, chlamydia, and hsv all regularly come up as possibilities. I don't care how bad it will hurt, or how serious it will be. I just want it to be curable so I don't have to spread it to anyone. So I'm crossing my fingers for maybe a bacterial infection.

Also, my dads side of the family has prostate issues, and I also work at a garden center, and dirt gets inside my pants all the time. But up inside me seems a bit extreme.

Thank you for reading, and I really appreciate any advice or opinions offered!
What are your thoughts?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:35 am

User avatar Hello,From what you describe you have urethritis.Sine you have not incuded a sexual history difficult to give an opinion as to STD or not.However from the nature of discharge may be a gonococcal urethritis which can be diagnosed easily with examining the discharge by grams test.Treatment for uncomplicated cases, like just a discharge is simple and nothing to worry.Partner treatment is essential.
 CuriousGuy - Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:07 am

Thank you for your reply, doctor. I am hoping that this is a gonococcal related issue, or any sort of bacterial infection. At least something that is potentially curable. Today I am going to see my doctor to see what an examination and some tests can tell. Your opinion definitely eases my conscious. Thank you.

|