News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: White specks coming out of penis

rawrrawr - Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:18 pm

I sometimes get white specks coming out of my penis 15-20 minutes after ejaculation when I urinate. It doesnt usually happen if I urinate directly after ejaculation. This only happens 1 or 2 times a month at most, but usually once every other month. This is usually accompanied by burning at the tip of my penis while urinating but nowhere else. When it dries it leaves an almost chalky residue.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:47 am

User avatar Hello,What you have perhaps are mucus strands which are found in the terminal urethra.These are of no significance.There is one other possiblity since this occurs after ejaculation.Some times a part of the ejaculate goes reverse in to the bladder by name retrograde ejaculation.This can later be passed in the urine.No treatment is required for minor retrograde problems.It is always best to get your urine examined to rule out urethritis which is an STD in most adult males.Prostatic problems are also needed to be excluded especially in older individuals.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here