Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Hard Superficial Nodules that Ooze When Popped

ryryguy - Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Hello, I'm not sure this is a fungal infection but here's my history.

This summer, I lived in Brazil for the entire month of July. While there, I had the worst strep A infection of my life. I also developed a concurrent skin rash over the legs, knees, arms, and hands. I saw a local doctor who told me (through my friend who was translating) that I had contact dermitidis (which he did not treat believing it would resolve) and Strep A, for which he administered an IM antibiotic. It was either shortly just before or just after treatment that I noticed what seemed to be a new scar on my leg. It was firm to palpation and felt fibrous as if it were deep but still superficial. It was comosed of four, round nodules each about 2/3 the size of an eraser at the end of a pencil. I ignored it. When I got back to the US in September, I began to notice small papules on my penis that a doctor on here said may be molluscum contagiosum. One of the papules was rather larger than the others, and so I attempted to squeeze it to elicidate puss. I either removed a small about of pus or a thin layer of skin.

Recently, I believe I had a case of poison ivy on the same leg that has the "strange scar". While the rash itched, I also developed a few non-pruritic small blisters on my inner thigh that bled profusely when popped. Today, I noticed that my strange scar was still present and I palpated it again. I decided to squeeze one of the small nodules, and to my astonishment it popped, producing a bloody-water appearance and possibly, though I am not entirely sure, pus as well.

I'm wondeirng if the blisters on my penis, thigh, and left calf could all be
1.) related to any of the previous infections,
2.) related to the fact that I was out of the country
3.) related to the fact, I received oral sex while overseas
4.) or a completely unrelated bacterial, fungal (sporulation?), or viral infection?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:16 pm

User avatar Hello,The clinical history provided gives the impression that you had nummular eczema which got infected.Mollucum contagiosum could have been acquired by sexual exposure.As an alternative diagnosis strep induced erythema nodosum which causes nodules on the shin,and of course the molluscum.

|