News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: painful blisters on my lower back

musically - Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:33 pm

I have blister type sores that comes out on my lower back every once and a while and right before it shows up at times I get severe pain in my ankles which then moves up my leg to behind my knee then will move up to my lower back and at times the pain is just unbearable . I know my late husband who died in 1994 would have cold sores on his lips when stressed. Would this be herpes that I have? Are those symtoms common with Herpes? If it isn't what do you think this could be and would you recommend anything for the pain?
Thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 pm

User avatar Hello,Herpes simplex1 does not favour the location of back and even if you have an infection extremely rare to be symptomatic,or cause recurrences.The commoner would be herpes zoster or shingles,but there will be previous history of a single dermatome getting involved.If you have pain on both legs or occuring alternatively again could rule out hepes zoster.Only examination of the blister fluid could give some clues.As of now with your history the chances are most unlikely.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here