News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Constant throat problems after anthrax vaccine (3 years now)

bobwasbilly - Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:23 am

Ever since i got the anthrax vaccine from the military (3 years ago) i have had a constant problem with the back of my throat. All day and all night i have a build up of white phlegm that is always causing me to choke. i have to constantly hack it up. i went to a clinic once for a physical (1 year ago) and they said they could see a odd white lump in the back of my thought and didn't know what it was. I hate constantly hacking or throwing up because of this stuff stuck in the back of my throat. i thought it might go away a couple months after the shot....now it has been 3 years and i still have it. is there anything i can do to get rid of this? is this a normal reaction to anthrax? i just want to be able to go a day with out choking.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:37 am

User avatar Hi,
The kind of symptoms and signs you are describing has not been reported(to the best of my knowledge) as an adverse reaction to anthrax vaccine.

A whitish lesion in the throat has a number of differential diagnoses(leukoplakia, candidial infection, oral sub-mucus fibrosis etc).

Ideally, any suspected adverse event must be reported.I urge you to report your symptoms to the relevent authorities.

Information about how to report vaccine adverse events is available from
http://www.fda.gov/cber/vaers/vaers.htm or
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/

Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here