Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: small "spots" all over genitals

ng1 - Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi, well i come here basically seeking advice on a problem i have had from around the age of 12, im now almost 20 years old so time clearly isnt the healer for this one, i am still a virgin due to this so it obviously wasnt transmitted through having sex. Well basically, the whole of my genitals is covered in small lumps that look like warts/spots, they seem to contain a white substance which can sometimes be pushes out of them but it does nothing. They are around 1mm in size and cover all of the skin (between 2mm-10mm apart) on on the outside of my penis and around my testicles, they stop covering just at the very tip of my penis.

I am embarrased to consult a doctor about this and i know i shouldnt be as it is what they are there for however i wondered if anyone could give me a brief idea of what i may have, and what will be expected to get rid of these little spots.

Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:38 am

User avatar Hello,There are one or two conditions which may resemble the descriptions given,and both are of no great consequence.Molluscum contagiosum is caused by a virus and can cause small to medium sized pearly nodules on the penile skin and rest of genitalia.It is common in children and could occur elsewhere too.They can be removed by cryo.Much smaller white papules are seen in a condition called lichen nitidus and they generally disappear in time.There are small glands on the rim of the penis head known as pearly penile papules,again can be left alone.Hope you have got over your fears.Best wishes.

|