News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Taking the igg test

theskipper - Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Hello,

About three months ago I had an unprotected oral sex with a girl that had multiple sexual partners. Before we decided to engage in oral sex she had told me that she had been tested one month prior and assured me that things will be safe (she did not mentioned what she was tested for). After the episode and a month passed I started to feel really anxious and I did go to a clinic to get examined and I learned that I had a small cyst at the shaft of my genital. The ANP had advised me that there was no signs of herpes and I do not need to get tested.

After two months passed I my genital were itching and felt discomfort, two large bumps roughly around 3-4 millimeters formed. This time I decided to go see a different clinic in the largest hospital in the city. The ANP who saw me told me that they were cyst and she took a blood exam and swabbed the tip of my penis. I asked her is I should get a herpes test and she told me to wait because I have not shown signs of it. She said most likely I would not need it. I still have to follow up with the ANP in a couple of weeks. I am not sure what to do if I should get tested for hereps or not. I want to be responsible to my new partner and guarantee her safety.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 am

User avatar Hello,The history of having nodular itchy lesions on the genitalia always makes one suspect scabies.Sometine scabies can be localized and cause genital itching.Mollucum contagiosum is another common condition caused by a virus and does not itch in most.These can be removed by cryo.Though it is very difficult to say who has HSV2,because they could rmain asymptomatic, in the absence of recurrent blisters it is not required for an investigation at present.False positive and rarely false negative reports could cause lot of confusion.If your girlfriend did have herpes you could get tested.But from istory it could be scabies or a sebaceous cyst.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here