Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: papule on hard palate, could this be HPV?

idealmakeup - Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:05 am

hi, i was diagnosed with genital warts march 2009. i have had oral sex with my bf. and last month, i noticed a small papule, about 1mm or less, really small, smooth, round, non painful, along midline of my hard palate, same color as my palate. i noticed it after eating chips and i think i bruised that area, started red..and then after 2 days it became a papule as i have descibed above. i don't know if it has been there before...but that's the 1st time i noticed it. until now its still there, no change in size or color. and then last night, i noticed another one on lateral side, near the ridges of my palate...it's smaller, and smooth also, non painful...i don't also know if it has been tthere before but also last night was the 1st time i noticed it. im scared that i might have warts on my palate...please help me. thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:22 am

User avatar Hello,looks like mucus retention cyst of the hard palate.These develop even after minor trauma and are glands of the mucus secreting tissue in the oral cavity.These are smooth rounded non painful,and could be multiple.These can be removed by a oral surgeon.Condylomata do occur rarely,and more common in children.Affected areas are the lip mucosa,and the soft palate due to fellatio pressure spots.They have a raspberry like appearance.Do consult a physician but it is most likely to be a mucus cyst with the clinical features presented.Best wishes.
 idealmakeup - Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Wow! that was fast...Thank you sooo much Dr.M.jagesh kamath. but can i ask another question please, if you have time..if it's a mucus retention cyst...doesnt it have to have a fluid inside? cos this papule doesnt seem to have any fluid inside...thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:01 pm

User avatar Hello,The retention cysts are some times thick walled and you would not be able to press out,or visualze the fluid.Cheers.

|