Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: repeated blisters in mouth & viral throat infections?

Mommy of two - Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:14 pm

My 3 year old has had repeated bouts with blisters in her mouth followed by viral throat infections over the last year. I have had her to her regular pediatrician (multiple times), Pediatric ENT specialist, and an Immunologist. We have yet to get any results of why this is reoccuring or what is causing this. In the next few weeks we will be seeing a Rheumatologist I am just wondering if you have any sugestions to what this could be or what kind of specialist to visit? The immunologist said maybe Behcet's syndrome, but she doesn't seem to fit the symptome list??
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 pm

User avatar Hello,It would be best to get the blood neutrophil levels during the attacks.Cyclic neutropenia is a part inherited condition in which cycically the normal count of neutrophils go down and appear oral ulcers.Cause is not known but it is not serious and generally mild.Do check for this also though it is quite rare.Best wishes.

|