News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: redness and bumps on groin area

shotta333 - Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:23 pm

I am really scared and concerned about my Health.There is a redness and bumps around my groin area..Hair loss also . I know It cannot me a STD because I havent have sex in Months..Can you please HELP me..I am really worried about my Life .Thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:46 am

User avatar Hello,The groin area gets quite a number of infections because the bacterial count is more than other parts.Also fungi invade this part with ease.Commonest groin infection is fungus,otherwise known as jock itch.But then hair loss is not common with these.Itching is generally present.In contrast bacterial infections like erythrasma do not itch.Again hairloss is uncommon.Seborrheic dermatitis is a kind of dandruff related problem and can occur independantly in the groin area.There may be hair loss and variable amout of itching.None of these are STDs and can be treated with ease.Fungi respond to clotrimazole creme.Antibacterial soaps would help in erythrasma.Do consult you doctor who may prescribe a mild steroid creme if it is seborrheic dermatitis.Ok?Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here