News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Small Red bumps with scab in the middle on penis

pleasehelp1 - Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:09 pm

im 18, me and my girlfriend have been dating for a year and 6 months. we had sex often unitl she moved for school. (i know it sounds bad but i assure you she nor i cheated) she recently came back for a visit and of course we have unprotected sex multiple times. well this time after a few days we both start noticing bumps on our genitals. i had a cut from masturbating without lotion b4 she came. she got tested b4 and tested negative for whatever they tested. and i was a virgin b4 we met. her symptoms are multiple flesh colored bumps with scabs in the middle and she had what felt like a yeast infection. my symptoms are the same bumps with scabs in the middle on my shaft but nothing else. she went to the doctor 2 days ago and the clinic kept scaring her by saying its herpes but we have to wait 10 days for results. i have an appointment tommorow morning. im really scared that it could be herpes but every picture is see online is nothing like what i have. please if you can tell me some things it could be.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:51 am

User avatar Hello,If itching is associated I would think in terms of a localised form of scabies which can form bumps and scabs on the penis and genitalia.It requires really an experienced eye to spot this condition but can be missed at times.Especially since both have the same problem best to get this cleared since it can well be treated with local application of permethin.Do consult your doctor and discuss possiblities.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here