News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Boyfriend has oral thrush after oral sex

Ms. Russell - Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:23 pm

This is the second time my boyfriend has performed oral sex on me and both times he has gotten thrush. He has only done this 2 times and both times he has had to go to the doctor to get med's to take care of it. The first time he didn't know what it was and let it go for 1 1/2 weeks until his tongue was so sore he couldn't eat. That was almost a year ago. Then the other night he did it again and now he has it again. I do not have a yeast infection and I was tested for any sexual diseases when we first got together as he said his ex was cheating on him and I wanted to make sure she hadn't passed something onto him. I was clean.

I tried to find something about it online but didn't find much. I did however come across an article that stated thrush can happen more to people with autoimmune issues. He did tell me his doctor had told him in the past, that he has autoimmune. He is prone to get cold sores and rhumatoid arthritis runs in his family. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but it couldn't hurt to mention it.

I have since kissed him and I do not have thrush.
Could I or he be a carrier of something that causes this? Could he have some kind of allergy to my natural juices?
I'm Concerned that we won't be able to enjoy this part of our sex life anymore.

Thank you for your time.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:38 am

User avatar Hello,Always both partners are treated when one gets moniliasis.You may have a monilia in your vaginal flora not necessarily STI, but like after antibiotic therapy.Since you were not treated possibly the reinfection.Also the immune status of your partner needs to be determined.Moniliasis is common in women and you need not get worried,or feel guilty but then you need to get treated together.Bestwishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here