Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Strep infection on private parts

solstice - Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:47 am

Hi, I believe that my girlfriend has strep throat and she has performed oral sex on me with it. I was wondering, is it possible to get a strep infection on my penis? Also, would the same antibiotic that is used to treat strep throat (penicillin) be used to treat a strep infection on my penis or would I have to get a different kind of antibiotic?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:26 am

User avatar Hello,There are two types of steptococci,the throat strains and the skin strains.The throat strain colonizes poorly on the skin and the skin strains are not capable of causing throat disease.It is the skin colonies that enter the skin when the skin gets abraded and cause disease.Ok?

|