Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: Side effects of IbuHEXAL 600

emdijose - Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:52 pm

I went to the doctor because of high fever (39.2) and headache. Doctor gave me Tamiflu 75 g and IbuHEXAL 600. However, the next day, I was tested for swine flue, but results came as negative. So Doctor asked me to stop Tamiflu. But since I had headache and mild fever, he suggested me to take IbuHEXAL 600, when ever I have headache.

Could you please tell me if IbuHEXAL 600 has any serious side effects ? I read in a forum that it can cause brain death. So I ask .

Thank you for your time,

Dj
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 am

To the best of my knowledge, ibuprofen 600 mg has no direct action on the brain cells resulting in brain death. Brain death has been reported in a patient who was on ibuprofen+ginkgo(an herbal medication). Brain death can be expected to ensue in such an instance, depending upon the location and severity of the bleed.

Of course, ibuprofen has certain serious side effects, some of which include
- NSAID induced peptic ulceration & bleeding,
- cardiac failure,
- renal impairment,
- hyperkalemia,
- very rarely, cardiac arrest, respiratory depression,
- myocardial infarction(occasionally with chronic, high dose intake),
- seizures(concomitant administration of levofloxacin or ofloxacin may increase the risk).

Any of the above, if not promptly treated, have the potential to lead to brain death.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:24 am

- cardiac failure,
- renal impairment,
- hyperkalemia,
- myocardial infarction(occasionally with chronic, high dose intake), and

|